Looking for pet friendly accommodation in Scotland? From pet friendly romantic getaways to the best five-star hotels, here is love From Scotland’s favourite dog friendly accommodation in Scotland. They have all been tried and tested by us, so you are guaranteed a truly fabulous place to stay in Scotland.
This post uses affiliate links which I may make a small commission from at no expense to you!
Dog friendly accommodation in Scotland
My favourite dog friendly accommodation in Scotland are:
- The Queen’s Hut Aboyne – a luxury log cabin in the heart of Royal Deeside
- Inverlonan (Beatha) – a unique off grid luxury bothy on the edge of a loch
- The Birdwatcher’s Cabin, Golspie – a luxury lodge which your dog (and partner) will love.
- Loch Lomond Lodges, Balmaha – family lodges with hot tubs on the banks of Loch Lomond.
- The Torridon Hotel, Torridon – dog friendly five star luxury in the Scottish Highlands.
- The Whitebridge Hotel, Loch Ness – a lovely family hotel near Loch Ness.
- Allanton Inn, Duns – foodie heaven in the Scottish Borders.
- Portavadie, Loch Fyne – a spa hotel which accepts dogs with Scotland’s best outdoor pool.
- The Fairmont Hotel, St Andrews – a gorgeous resort just outside St Andrews.
- Loch Fyne Hotel and Spa, Inveraray – a dog friendly hotel on Loch Fyne
Pet friendly romantic getaways
Birdwatcher’s Cabin, Golspie
On the North Coast 500 route by Golspie is one of Scotland’s best dog friendly log cabins. A dream for two or cosy for a small family, the Birdwatcher’s Cabin sits on lovely Loch Fleet. Inside is a retro dream interior and outside is a deck for watching the sunset, with the pup by your side. On site spa treatments and steaks and champagne ready to order complete the perfect dog friendly romantic getaway. Book the Birdwatcher’s Cabin.
Eagle Brae, Glen Affric
Beside Scotland’s most beautiful glen is the stunning cabins at Eagle Brae. Dogs will love the underfloor heating and wood burners, and outside there are enclosed balconies for a spot of fresh air – and of course, being the highlands of Scotland there are hundreds of miles of trails – just try and stop your dog exploring!
More romantic pet friendly accomodation in Scotland
- Glendye Cabins and Cottages, Aberdeenshire – dogs are welcome at all of the cabins and cottages at the unique Glendye in the heart of Aberdeenshire
- Guardswell Farm – stay with your dog at this gorgeous farm in Perthshire – check out how cute their cabins are!
- Inverlonan – stay at these reimagined off grid bothies near Oban
- Loch Lomond Oval – a couples (and your dog) retreat with outdoor bath near Loch Lomond
- This Lochside Log Cabin on Loch Awe has an outdoor hot tub right on the water and accepts dogs.
- The goregous Riverside Cottage in Crief is perfect for exploring dog friendly Perthshire. –
- Head to Shetland to stay in the quirky Da Peerie House.
Hotels in Scotland that take dogs
There are thankfully now lots of dog friendly hotels in Scotland and the UK. These are my favourite hotels in Scotland that allow dogs.
At the luxury highland hotel the Torridon, dogs are welcome in the ground floor rooms at the recently refurbished The Stables. Over in the gorgeous main hotel, the luxurious Chestnut Cottage, welcomes dogs. The hotel sits in miles of stunning countryside, surrounded by towering Munros – perfect if your dog is the adventurous type! Read more – The Torridon Hotel.
Mar Hall, Glasgow
On a 200-acre wooded estate on the banks of the River Clyde near Glasgow sits Mar Hall, a luxury Scottish hotel in a huge 19th-century Gothic mansion. Inside the hotel are 52 gorgeously grand bedrooms and suites, all beautifully decorated – and dog friendly! Why not take your dog to Mar Hall and a weekend of complete indulgence? Book – Mar Hall.
The Lovat Loch Ness, Fort Augustus
At the southern tip of Loch Ness sits the pretty village of Fort Augustus and the characterful Lovat Loch Ness Hotel. With 28 rooms ranging from loch front suites to pet-friendly lodges, the hotel is a perfect spot from which to explore the Great Glen. Book – The Lovat Loch Ness.
The Whitebridge hotel, south Loch Ness
High above the madding crowds of Nessie hunters on the shores of Loch Ness sits The Whitebridge Hotel. The hotel now offers up warm and quirky dog friendly bedrooms and a dog friendly restaurant on the south side of Loch Ness. Book – The Whitebridge Hotel.
The Allanton Inn, Scottish Borders
A traditional coaching inn in the small village of Allanton, offering up fantastic hospitality, gorgeous local food and real ale along with a large beer garden out the back. Rooms are modern, large and comfortable. Dating back 100s of years with tons of character the Allanton inn is the perfect Scottish inn from which to explore Berwickshire and the east coast. Book the Allanton Inn.
Murrayshall Country House Hotel, Perth
With 40 bedrooms and dog-friendly suites, Murrayshall has a modern fine dining brasserie, a cosy cocktail bar, an 18-hole golf course with its own stylish but relaxed club house bar and offers up a range of outdoor adventure activities in the surrounding Perthshire countryside. Book Murrayshall.
Dog friendly hotels in Scotland with a swimming pool
Portavadie, Loch Fyne
Offering up a dog friendly hotel and apartment complex, Portavadie is all set around a 260-berth yachting marina. Choose from luxury townhouses complete with saunas, lodge-style hotel rooms, cute family cottages or two couples retreats. With two restaurants and a cafe on site and a £10m spa and swimming pool complex with utterly incredible views, you and your dog will never want to leave! Book Portavadie.
The Fairmont, St Andrews
Located just outside St Andrews and with an incredible view of the castle, cathedral and across to the Firth of Tay is the Fairmont St Andrews. Offering up two golf courses, a spa and six restaurants, the hotel is a five star hotel which also welcomes dogs! Book the Fairmont St Andrews.
Lodge on the Loch, Loch Lomond
Located just 30 minutes from the centre of Glasgow, checking in to the Lodge on Loch Lomond dogs can stay in the classic ‘Grahams’ are in the original lodge building – the rooms are named after heights of Scottish mountains, right up my street! Many of the rooms also have their own saunas and there is an onsite swimming pool. Book The Lodge on Loch Lomond.
Loch Fyne Hotel and Spa Inveraray
A four star hotel with spa on the banks of Loch Fyne, with great food, the hotel offers up comfy dog friendly rooms, a great restaurant and is a five minute walk into the bustling town of Inveraray.
More 5 star dog friendly hotels in Scotland
- The Isle of Eriska Hotel, Spa and Island, near Oban – stunning 5 star hotel on its own island
- Old Manse of Blair, Perthshire – luxury restaurant with rooms near Blair Atholl
- The Bonnie Badger, Gullane – foodie heaven in East Lothian
- The Cromlix, Dunblane – Tennis star Andy Murray’s 5 star hotel
- Prestonfield House – romantic retreat in Edinburgh with a dramatic interior
- Gleneagles, Auchterarder – the Scottish classic estate accepts dogs
- Inver Lodge – head to the far north west of Scotland to this dog friendly hotel near Lochinver
- The Balmoral Hotel Edinburgh – stay with your dog at this 5 star hotel in the heart of Edinburgh.
Dog friendly self catering accommodation in Scotland
Looking for self catering accommodation in Scotland which is pet friendly? Here are my favourites:
Near Edinburgh, Eastside Cottages offers dog friendly holiday accommodation in Scotland on a farm in the beautiful Pentland Hills regional park a few miles from the heart of Edinburgh. With miles of walks on your doorstep, these cottages are a perfect doggy holiday!
Loch Lomond Lodges
On the banks of Loch Lomond and close by to the famous Conic Hill, the luxury lodges at Loch Lomond accommodate dogs too – just don’t let them ruin your quiet time in the hot tubs!
The Queen’s Hut, Aboyne
Hidden in the heart of Royal Deeside, near the pretty town of Aboyne is The Queen’s Hut. Sitting on its own tree-lined loch, the Queen’s Hut is a luxury log cabin overlooking the Cairngorm Mountains.
Unusual pet friendly self catering accommodation scotland
Looking for family castle accommodation in the Scottish Borders? Barns Castle* is owned by the Neidpath family and is located near Peebles. Barns Castle sleeps four guests and your furry friends too.